The HiGro Tower Garden
A high-density, growing system for urban households. The HiGro Tower Garden is manually operated, productive, sustainable and highly water efficient.
The HiGro Tower Garden grows 48 plants in a single column which occupies less than a square meter. With the HiGro segmented column you could grow leafy greens, peas, beans, strawberries, flowers and more.
The HiGro system includes all the parts* of the system as well as a manual on how to set up the system. The systems core lasts 10 years and the plastic sleeves 2 years and can be replaced individually.
- R1 500 per HiGro Tower
- R350 for a Year’s Worth of plant Food per tower
- R250 for 50 seedlings delivered to your door. Follow this link http://solar.gj-dev.co.za/ to have a look at our plant options.
- Total Cost R2 100 for entire kit (Excluding 5 litre Pressure Pump available at any hardware shop) – Delivery to any Postnet near you cost R160 for the HiGro Tower and plant food it fits in a 50cm tall 25cm wide box. Delivery and installation differs on location. Delivery within 5-8 working days within payment
- Maintenance is only on the pressure pump to regularly grease and can be done by the client.
Contact us at Info@freshlifeproduce.co.za to place your order
The HiGro Tower Garden consists of 8 segments. Each segment houses 6 plants grown in coir, a renewable rooting medium.
Fresh Life Produce is introducing a vertical hydroponics column which is a space-saving device with vessels within which plants can be grown;
The device saves water and allows for a high yield in a small space;.
The HiGro Tower Garden is an easy to build, use and maintain hydroponics system that eliminates the need for fertile soil;
It is designed to grow 48-50 plants in one batch;
It uses no electricity – only a 5 litre pressure spray to pump the water into the tower;
The tower is suspended from any appropriate fixture to support the sleeves and irrigation pipes making it pest resilient.
Can use grey water from your shower or bath to fill up the pressure sprayer.
The HiGro Tower Garden uses no electricity and is manually irrigated by means of a compression sprayer. The Higro Tower Garden is waterwise using less than 5 litres of water a day. The plant fertiliser is mixed with the water in a compression sprayer and pumped up through the drip lines to each segment. Water run-off is easily collected under the column and recycled back into the irrigation cycle.
- Soil based Spinach requires on average 1 litre of water per day
- In the HiGro Tower Spinach uses 0,1 litre of water per day in summer and in winter 0,05 litre of water per day
- HiGro Tower uses 90% less water in the summer and 95% less water in winter
- Determine your location. Preferred location should have full sun in winter and part shade in summer.
- Suspend the HiGro column from a steady beam/structure, 2m from the ground. Your beam should carry the weight of a grown man.
- Establish your columns by inserting plant seedlings in the planting-holes.
- Pump your water through the compression sprayer. The first irrigation wets your tower garden and expands the growing medium.
The ULTIMATE Urban Grow System.
*Requires 5Litre compression sprayer, sold separately (We recommend the following brands: Gardena, Matabi, Guarany)
Length: 1.6 m tall.
Weight with irrigated plants: 25 – 27 kg.
Water every day in summer and every 3rd day in winter.
The perfect home-grown companion. Order yours today.
The HiGro tower consists of 48 plants. It is watered with a 5 litre pressure sprayer once a day in summer and once every second day in winter. The growing bags consist of coconut coir that holds moisture and plant food for the plants and makes it extremely water efficient.
Total water saving vs soil
The tower uses 90% less water than soil based plants in summer and 95% less water in winter.
A commercial spinach farmer gives his spinach plant on average 1 litre of water a day. In the HiGro tower the spinach plant only needs 0.1 litre of water a day and in winter you only water once every second day so that is 0.05 litre of water a day.
Water needed for full tower under production per season
A spinach plant takes on average 42 days to grow from seeding to harvest. In a HiGro tower filled with 48 spinach plants in summer the entire tower only requires 210 litres of water and in winter only 105 litres of water in a production cycle.
What that means is an individual spinach plant in the HiGro Tower only uses 4.37 litres of water in summer to grow from seeding to harvest and 2.18 litres of water in the winter to grow from seeding to harvest.